Thursday, March 1, 2012

Write what you know

I was up early enough today to start seeing the morning tweets pour in from all the journalists over on the east coast I follow. Now I'm up late enough that they're up and at it all over again. Twitter is a new consumption for me, as is engagement in any social media really. I've always had an affinity for traditional things like typewriters, doing your dishes by hand, and reading the paper while you're holding an actual piece of paper. I finally gave in however and have to say that it isn't all that bad. I love learning things in real time and feeling a sense of empowerment and engagement by participating. They say you should write what you know, but I can't help but feel as if everything I know is entirely incomprehensive in the scheme of things, and second-hand. I'm starting to actively apply myself in the information age (or are we past that now, who knows), but I'm definitely off to a rocky start.

No comments:

Post a Comment